Go to ...
If you have been drinking, feeling sober is not a safe indicator of whether
you are under the legal limit.
To stay under .05 -
- As a general guide, men can have two standard drinks in the first hour and
one every hour after that;
- As a general guide, women can have one standard drink in the first hour
and one every hour after that;
- Check the labels of bottles and cans for the number of standard drinks it
- Eat before and while you are drinking;
- Do not allow people to top up your glass so you can keep track of how much
you have drank;
- Get into the habit of drinking light alcoholic drinks, the new light beers
taste great and the amount of alcohol they contain is much less than heavy
- Give your system enough time to get rid of the alcohol before you drive;
- Remember some medications and drugs, when combined with alcohol, can
greatly impair your driving skills;
- Try alternative non-alcoholic drinks.
- Speed increases the distance required to stop. Double the speed equals four
times the stopping distance.